NERO Atlanta

January 18, 2020, 12:42:15 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Anything Goes -- Within Reason (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Trying to get an idea of things - General Questions

Author Topic: Trying to get an idea of things - General Questions  (Read 53 times)

Offline ptroy

• Apprentice
Trying to get an idea of things - General Questions
« on: December 12, 2019, 05:03:56 AM »
Hello peoples,

I've been part of another LARP in the area for nearly 23 years. I actually remember Ryan from way back in the day.  Stuff happened, and now my group and I are looking for a new home. We haven't yet fallen on a choice, but this chapter seems a very good option, as the system and the world roughly came from the same place, at least many years ago.

There can be anywhere between 10-20 of us, depending on people's real-life schedules, but most often we number about 15+ people at an event.  It's been years since I have done an event at A.H. Stephens (it was my favorite spot of all time) and I don't recall what the cabins were like, or if that many people in a single group could be supported in the same "area"?

Secondly, some of us used 10x10 canopies (with no attached floor) as "yurts", I know each site has different regs on that, so we'd be curious if that was allowed. 

I also don't know the truth behind this, but I had heard that there was a very strict noise ordinance there that started at like 10 pm (or something), I see that a few other LARPS use this site, so again, not sure if that is true?

Sorry for the long post, I may have more questions, but these answers would give us a better idea upfront.

Thanks!

Offline Leegru

• Apprentice
  • the scavenger you'll know
Re: Trying to get an idea of things - General Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 06:11:58 AM »
hello person "ptroy"

I just read through the Georgia state park website and the noise thing is a thing.

" Noise Levels

Please be considerate of guests who are visiting state parks for a quiet, natural experience. Radios, televisions, musical instruments and all other noise-making devices are not to be used between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. and must be kept at low volumes during other times."

im not too sure about the tent thing, but the site is supost to support like 150 people. but from what i've seen, areas 2 and 3 fill up the quickest and area 1 and 4 get filled out with who ever didnt get into those  first two ( they are the closest to the middle of the site/tavern), but if everyone in your group registered early enough you all could be put up most likely all in the same area.
everyone's favorite weasel.

new member to the alchemy guild