NERO Atlanta

August 24, 2019, 05:44:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Anything Goes -- Within Reason (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » New to LARP

Author Topic: New to LARP  (Read 61 times)

Offline Sargatanas

• Apprentice
New to LARP
« on: May 13, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »
Hello! Iím new to the LARP community and have never personally attended an event but I am interested in learning and being apart of upcoming events and the community in general. If anyone has any information about your upcoming events or whatís expected at these events or just some general knowledge or tips, I would greatly appreciate it!

Offline Logistics

• Adventurer
Re: New to LARP
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:15:14 PM »
Our next event is June 7-9th at AH Stevens State Park. Generally your first event is going to be a lot of getting used to the immersion of LARP and wondering what you had gotten into but our group has a lot of people who enjoy showing people the ropes and including people into this new environment. For tips I suggest Extra socks and about double what you think you need of them (don't be like me and barely even wear shoes all weekend). We also have a great guide on how to get the most out of Nero in the OOG boards and currently are working on a new new players guide. Are you planning on PCing or NPCing your first event (I suggest PCing)?