NERO Atlanta

April 22, 2019, 11:12:58 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » OOG NERO Things (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Latex Sword Vendors

Author Topic: Latex Sword Vendors  (Read 60 times)

Offline Kyra Darkstrider-Nova

• Adventurer
Latex Sword Vendors
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:58:15 AM »
Is there a list of approved vendors of latex swords?  I've never used a sword, so I've never purchased one.  But after spending last weekend as a full time NPC at his first NERO event, my son is now dying to PC.  That means he's going to need a sword.  I don't want to get him one that won't be allowed in the game.
Thank you,
Kristin
~Kyra Silvercord
   Elemental Champion of Death

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." ~ H.L. Mencken

Offline Amaris

• Tyrangel Nobility
  • Elder Adventurer
  • Knight Steward of Marentha
    • Barony of Marentha
Re: Latex Sword Vendors
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:29:48 AM »
The main issue with latex is that they're approved on a case by case basis.  However, there's some sold at Medieval Times that can pass safety check and they're not very expensive.

You can also ask local crafter to make you a plastidip sword.  You get to choose how it looks and it's more likely to be safe to use.
Amaris Baeyear Frederick Ar-Din Blackwind
Baroness of Marentha
Knight Admiral of Tyrangel
Lady of Manath
Warden of the Gallyamath
We will find a way or we will make one.

Offline Xeno

• Apprentice
Re: Latex Sword Vendors
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 04:57:09 PM »
Avoid calimacil? i think its spelled. epic armoury has some good ones, as well as ateliers nemesis. personally i like ateliers the most, they have some amazing plasti dip and latex swords and will take custom orders they are pricey though. i spent about $215 on my rapier from them and my wifes daggers were about $150 a piece.  Ill link them in this post in case you wanna check them out. https://ateliers-nemesis.com/?language=en 

that being said I've dabbled in making plasti dip weapons before. more as a hobby if you are looking for something for the little one and just want it basic looking in order to hone the craft if you buy the materials i will make the sword for you if you'd like.