NERO Atlanta

November 17, 2018, 06:11:10 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » OOG NERO Things (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » A message to NERO Atlanta Players and Staff.

Author Topic: A message to NERO Atlanta Players and Staff.  (Read 147 times)

Offline Knight of Evendarr

• Master Adventurer
  • Follow Me!
A message to NERO Atlanta Players and Staff.
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:03:29 PM »
Good Evening friends and players,
I would like to reach out to everyone for a moment who is part of the NERO Atlanta family. I know there are a lot of people who are very confused, hurt, or irate out there right now and there is a lot of uncertainty with other chapters and national level staff. I hope I can assuage some of that by letting you all know where I and NERO Atlanta stand in the midst of this. I am not going to get into the details of what has happened or what led up to it. I know there are plenty of people talking about it. What I am going to say is I do not agree that it should have been universal, I do not believe in punishing innocent people or victims and I do not believe this will remain as is. I am already working to modify this and make things as right as I can with the players affected.

First, there are a number of games whose staff are quitting or have quit-forcing at least two chapters to suspend operations at least temporarily. We do not have this problem. Jason Delbridge and our Plot Staff have all agreed to finish out the season which they committed to regardless of how this may have affected them. They are all stand up people who truly care about their fellow players and I think they should be commended for it. To each of you, Thank you sincerely for being awesome and being people of fortitude and integrity.
Second, We are NOT suspending operations. We have two new One Day Events at Pickett's Mill Battlefield. We will be providing both modules/encounters as well as a low key RP environment so players can choose their exposure to the weather. Please keep an eye out for short announcements or teasers regarding these events.
Third, we are moving forward with plans for next years story and staff change over. We will be changing several story and operations staff and will be retaining some others from the current staff. We will be posting a staff list in the coming months and we are still looking to fill several roles. If you are interested please let someone on staff know!
we are also making progress with our story for next year which will be very prop and costume heavy and will be a visually rich production and will incorporate a number of interactive props (Which is why we need really good turn out for the Second point above) and I what I hope are innovative story devices which will be a completely new type of encounter for LARPs.
Fourth, I am still looking for volunteers to form our Convention Committee. I would like to be able to attend ChattaCon, MomoCon and if it runs this year AndoCon and need a team to head up these operations.
Fifth, please remember to have empathy for your fellow player, despite their makeup or costuming they are real human beings in the real world. A lot of our friends were hurt by this and could use some kind words right now.

Thank you,
Ryan
~Sir Idrahil Araman-Aviel
 Duke of Tyrangel
Lord Master of Sails, Evendarrian Royal Navy
Ring bearer of Nobility