NERO Atlanta

November 21, 2017, 08:31:15 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Rules and Policies (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Time sensitive question (kinda)

Author Topic: Time sensitive question (kinda)  (Read 156 times)

Offline Jsavage

• Apprentice
Time sensitive question (kinda)
« on: June 30, 2017, 02:30:49 AM »
Hey all,

So was building an alt for funsies in the sandbox on the Nero National website. Started building a barbarian. Noticed there is a tab labeled racial traits; in that tab (a tab that changes depending on race) it seemed to imply something but not sure. In the racial traits tab was one line, it said "Racial, two handed weapon mastery" with a cost of zero bp. . . Zero. So, my question is, do barbarians get 2H wep mastery for free? If so this will drastically change how I build one. If it's some mistake, typo, or otherwise no longer applicable skill I understand but I can't find an answer online or in the rulebook. It's non existence in the rulebook makes me think they don't get it free, however, it's existence on the character builder makes me think maybe they do get it. HELP, pretty please.

Thanks,

Jake Savage

Offline Jsavage

• Apprentice
Re: Time sensitive question (kinda)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:54:31 AM »
I mean...if you click on the racial skill it doesn't even mince words; it says straight up it grants the ability free. Is this possibly for a different race and it's showing up on the barbarian tab accidentally?

It's clickable to read but I can't like "select" this and add it to my character or anything. Just confusing heh.

Jake Savage

Offline Jsavage

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 03:03:34 AM »
So I may have answered my own question through trial and error lol. Sorry for the hassle, looks like at least according to the character builder they do in fact get it free...ish. Ok thanks all.

Jake Savage

Offline Rhovonar

• Journeyman
  • Lucius Gray
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:18 AM »
As long as you own a weapon skill Barbarians do get to use all weapons that require two hands for free minus bow if I am correct. Also be sure to pick up the stop thrust and one handed block since they are free on the first level when you own a two handed skill.
Rhovonar, Squire to the Baroness Amaris

Offline Aku

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
You don't even need a weapon skill. They straight up get it for free.  Like how elves get bows for free.

Offline Ninde

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »
You have to purchase another weapon skill for the Mastery. So for example, spend the 2 points for daggers or whatever it is, then boom you can get your weapon mastery skill for free. It won't let you get it until you do. Then any Profs you put on the purchased skill automatically apply to your Mastery.

I recently had to figure all this out for my wild elf to play this last event. <3

Offline Aku

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »
I just checked and you're right. I feel like it shouldn't work that way though.

Edit: I found where it says that in the race supplement. Weird rule that makes no sense, but it is there.

Offline Josh Harden

• Journeyman
  • "Eat me if you can!"
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 03:27:01 PM »
Small weapon for 2 BP and you get your racial weapon mastery.

That's how Owl uses a polearm as a Scholar. Axe mastery and a polearm is a two handed axe.
Owl de Danaan
Sharku Cirith
Marenthan