NERO Atlanta

September 24, 2017, 06:33:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Rules and Policies (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Mystic Lock

Author Topic: Mystic Lock  (Read 111 times)

Offline Aku

• Apprentice
Mystic Lock
« on: June 15, 2017, 12:59:40 PM »
How can a mystic lock be defeated? I know it isn't affected by dispel magic.

What happens if you shatter a chest that isn't rendered, but which is mystic locked? The rulebook entry for shatter says shatter does not affect items which are "magically protected", but what does that mean?

Offline Tyrangel Plot

• Journeyman
Re: Mystic Lock
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:18:55 PM »
It looks like a shatter or a destroy spell would not foil a mystic lock, from this phrase in the spell description:

"No effect, person or object may pass through the Mystic Lock unless as described below"

The shatter effect cannot penetrate the lock spell, which is more like a Ward spell than a physical lock, I would imagine.  So in essence the chest -is- rendered for the spell duration.

The Effects table on 135 of the rule book says that the Reversal of Mystic Lock is Destroy Formal Magic.  So that is the only option typically available to PCs it seems.  Cabin raids need to have destroy sets with them, I suppose.  :)
This Message brought to you by The Silverhand Message  Service.

Offline madhobling

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »
i think the shatter would work, but if you shatter the chest all the items inside are also shattered, so you wouldn't get the stuff anyhow

Offline Atlanta GM

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
 Nope the box will not be effected by a shatter or Destroy effect.

but yes a non-mystic locked box being shattered will work and destroy everything in it.

think the shatter would work, but if you shatter the chest all the items inside are also shattered, so you wouldn't get the stuff anyhow