NERO Atlanta

November 20, 2017, 04:08:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Rules and Policies (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Being healed while bleeding out and under other effects... and you!

Author Topic: Being healed while bleeding out and under other effects... and you!  (Read 188 times)

Offline tevlos

• Elder Adventurer
  • Baron Tevlos
What happens in this scenario?!

I get hit with a paralyze gas. It takes... (what can I say i forgot to recast my Poison Shield after the last fight).
I freeze in place as I am now paralyzed.
Then the sneaky rogue comes over and proceeds to stab me in the back for 20 normal.
Ouch... I only had 12 body and my armor was already breached. (Yeah I forgot to heal after that last fight too)
I'm a now bleeding out, and drop to the ground (per the rules for paralyze). But... still paralyzed. So I lay there, and start the bleeding out count.
Then my friends rush to my aid. Chasing away the rogue before he can finish me off.
A healer casts cure mortal wounds. I'm at max body points now.
BUT...
I'm still paralyzed!
So i just lay there until my friends figure it out.

It is important to remember what effects you are under even while you are bleeding out. Cure spells (Cure Light Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds, Cure Mortal Wounds) do not remove effects from you. These spells only restore body points. If you were tainted, had an arm withered, paralyzed, silenced, and cursed when you are healed by a cure spell, you STILL have all those negative effects active! But at least you aren't bleeding out and dying any more! And now you get to silently giggle as the healer figures out the rest.

These effects (and many others) all have specific spells or abilities that remove the specific effects or groups of effects. For example: "release" will remove the basic binding effects, purify for poisons, awaken for sleep, etc and so forth.

In these scenarios you should accept the healing and it never hurts to acknowledge it with a "got it" and then continue to role play the remaining effects on your body.

Sorry if i made this too wordy. I guess I'm in a silly mood tonight.  I bolded the important line for the TLDR'ers like me.

Feel free to ask any questions and we can discuss!

And yes, dying removes almost every in game effect effects that you may be under.  When someone is really really messed up in a great variety of ways and you have spent longer than 30 second trying to figure out what is wrong withe your friend... a killing blow and life spell can be a very effective way to fix what ails them. (Just dont pull this on someone that has a vengeance cast on them or you both might meet in the circle soon).

When you bleed out or are killing blowed...
All of your active spells, alchemical substances,
and other effects will immediately disappear.
The only things that will remain are Gypsy
Curse, Forget-it-Well, Forget-me-Not,
and Enslavement.
... as well as some formal magics as specified in the spells.

((Edited because I made a mistake related to paralyze and how you do drop to the ground once you go unconscious but remain paralyzed so the example here still applies-BP))
Tevlos
Ranger of Tyrangel
Black Clan
Forsworn

Offline Atlanta GM

• Adventurer
When someone is paralyzed and then dropped below their HP total, shouldn't they fall ?

Offline dmyers

• Adventurer
Nope. Unless stated, all effects stay on you until your death count begins.

Ben, please confirm.

Darrin~

Offline Katarina

• Elder Adventurer
  • Baroness Nihaalan Araman-Aviel
The Paralysis spell on page 77 says "If the victim is rendered unconscious or someone attempts to pose them, they will collapse to the ground but will remain Paralyzed."

I take that as if you hit bleeding out, you collapse into a heap and can't move from said heap until the paralysis is removed regardless of HP total. Yeah, Ben?
Lady Nihaalan Araman-Aviel
Viscountess Seneschal of the Duchy of Tyrangel

Offline tevlos

• Elder Adventurer
  • Baron Tevlos
Good catch. I bet that this wording here it to keep NPCs from repeatedly beating up a person that is already bleeding out. Try to fall into a comfy paralyzed position.

If paralyzed and you are dropped to 0 body or below you will fall to the ground but will still be under the effects of the paralyze. I stand corrected!  (and will now edit my post so no one notices i was wrong... or to avoid confusion for later readers)

Thanks!
Ben

The Paralysis spell on page 77 says "If the victim is rendered unconscious or someone attempts to pose them, they will collapse to the ground but will remain Paralyzed."

I take that as if you hit bleeding out, you collapse into a heap and can't move from said heap until the paralysis is removed regardless of HP total. Yeah, Ben?
Tevlos
Ranger of Tyrangel
Black Clan
Forsworn

Offline madhobling

• Journeyman
I believe this was in response to people playing bendy posey with people and putting them in awkward/uncomfortable or embarassing poses.

Offline Josh Harden

• Journeyman
  • "Eat me if you can!"
You kids and your touchy feely rules. In my day if you were paralyzed you were posed on one leg with your finger up your nose...and we liked it that way!

Seriously though I loved posing people, but only did it to ones I knew and then only when it would be well received.
Owl de Danaan
Sharku Cirith
Marenthan