NERO Atlanta

September 24, 2017, 08:32:54 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Rules and Policies (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » BGAs and Pre-event Casting

Author Topic: BGAs and Pre-event Casting  (Read 115 times)

Offline Kimberly

• Journeyman
BGAs and Pre-event Casting
« on: May 22, 2017, 07:35:41 AM »
BGAs  - I might be blind but is there a post or other document that breaks down costs, options, and benefits of the various levels of BGAs?

Pre-event Castings - This event I had a lot of people ask to use "pre-event casting levels" or otherwise mention that pre-event casting doesn't count towards your Friday night formal levels. We have specifically been told otherwise on multiple occasions. Is there an official answer on this?

Kimberly

Offline Josh Harden

• Journeyman
  • "Eat me if you can!"
Re: BGAs and Pre-event Casting
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 08:47:17 AM »
This is all I've ever found on BGA's and pricing so I assume it's still the same.

http://neroatlanta.net/index.php?topic=10963.0

No idea what pre-event casting is, but if it's a thing I'm about to become a pre-event casting fool, lol.
Owl de Danaan
Sharku Cirith
Marenthan

Offline Tyrangel Plot

• Journeyman
Re: BGAs and Pre-event Casting
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »
As usual, the GM and ownership has the final say on clarifying this policy.

As I understand it, What Josh posted is still currently correct, with one addition.  A regular BGA can be used to cast formal magic up to the primary caster's amount of formal for one game day.  A Large BGA will net you 2 full days use of the caster's formal, following all the normal rules of casting and batches.   Any formal caster(s) providing levels to the formal also have to put in FYIs basically letting staff know that they will use their levels in this way. 

Whomever pays for the BGA will get the blankets for the action, even if they are not the primary caster in the BGA.

Here are some examples:

1:  Owl wants to copy a few scrolls between games He puts in a BGA and says he is casting 3 unlimited copy rituals.   He pays and gets the blanket and the scrolls will be ready for him at his next event.

2: Blaten wants to make some magic items (shocker, I know).  Two of them he can do easily in one day, but he has a commission for a dual school item that will take him over both his daily formal totals, plus need a secondary earth caster for their part in the item.  He puts in a large BGA and gets his earth formalist friend to put in a FYI saying that they are secondary casting.  Blaten gets 2 blankets and the items are ready next event. If his Earth formalist friend wanted to make his own separate castings, he or she would need their own BGA submitted.

3:  Marentha needs 5 celestial scrolls copied between events. Amaris doesn't need the blanket, so she gets a newer player Lincoln to put in the BGA stating that Rhov is going to cast.  Rhov puts in his FYI saying the same.  Lincoln gets the blankets, and the scrolls are ready at check in.

Paid BGA's are the only way to use casting levels before lay on that does not take from your Friday night formal amount.
  Formal magic logistics gives you the chance to get many or longer batch castings out of the way before lay on, but take away levels as if you had cast them that day.  Remember, these have to be auto-success rituals that do not require story staff intervention, no divinations can be cast at formal magic logistics.  Summon creature formals cast during formal magic logistics are also at the discretion of story staff and the formal marshal involved.

This is how it has worked in the past, and is still working for what I know,
~ Jason
This Message brought to you by The Silverhand Message  Service.