NERO Atlanta

May 25, 2017, 03:58:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Anything Goes -- Within Reason (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » New here!

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 127 times)

Offline jrockfreak

• Apprentice
New here!
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:31:21 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry in advance.

Im still pretty new here but im hoping to go to the event in April. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice about how to go about getting started( character etc) or is it best to volunteer for your first event to get use to the events.

Thanks

Offline Rhys Stormwing

• Elder Adventurer
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
everybody has their opinion on the volunteering their first event. my is to do just that.  get a feel for the game and see if it is something that you may like. Volunteering cost you only parking and if you want, tavern( i think it is $15 for the weekend if you volunteer, but double check).

If you want to go ahead and get a feel for the database, it is http://www.nerolarponline.com
i am not sure if you need to pre-reg thru it if you NPC( volunteer) for the weekend
" Is it better to outmonster the monster or be quietly devoured by it?" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jrockfreak

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »
ok thanks for the link, i figured volunteering first would be the best route to take

Offline Rhovonar

• Journeyman
  • Lucius Gray
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 08:39:03 AM »
 As previously stated, volunteering first event is always a good thing so you a) see if you like the game and b) try out a few different builds and see what you like playing. Plus our pcs are really good (generally) about explaining effects that they may be used on you while you are in combat and they are understanding when you ask "Hey, what did that do?" and will explain what is going on.

If you do decide to volunteer first event make sure to have black sweat pant like pants, and basic black shirt, some good shoes to stand and run in, and lots of extra sock. It makes a first event 4 times better and not feeling like the living dead 4 hours in like I did to myself.
Rhovonar, Squire to the Baroness Amaris

Offline jrockfreak

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 05:08:49 PM »
just seeing this but thank you for the advice, im planning to volunteer in June