NERO Atlanta

September 24, 2017, 08:37:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Anything Goes -- Within Reason (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Need LARP testers (FREE SAMPLES)

Author Topic: Need LARP testers (FREE SAMPLES)  (Read 484 times)

Offline WanderDen

• Apprentice
Need LARP testers (FREE SAMPLES)
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:03:10 PM »
Greetings fellow adventurers!

I've developed a new prop for larp/adventure/cosplay/etc. and I could really use some testers and reviewers. I thought Nero might be the place to go.

This prop isn't so much a product as a process for creating fully customized, waterproof, durable, and beautifully textured scrolls. I have dubbed the final result "MapCloth"

This isn't some coffee-stained paper or dropcloth with writing on it. This is a painstaking, handmade three-stage process over about ten days involving a combination of traditional sailmaking techniques and modern chemical synthesis. I'm pretty proud of the result.

What I really need now is a wider range of testers to try it out and leave some feedback or reviews. What do you say? I can print almost any combination of image or text you want onto approx 8in x 11 in. space. Perfect for everything from battle maps to character histories to royal decrees.

First 3 requests on this thread receive a FREE SAMPLE FOR REVIEW (must be within US for free shipping)

I can also do hand-inked commissions for that extra bit of authenticity, but those take quite a bit longer so I'm not offering them for free at the moment. Contact me if you're interested :)

There's a variety of colors and finishes to choose from. All are waterproof. Here's just a few photos...

Offline Sahan

• Adventurer
  • The Awesome
Re: Need LARP testers (FREE SAMPLES)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »
I'd love to see a map of Tyrangel and Sutherland on something like this. Having to worry about spilling stuff on my maps is a pain.
Sahan
Keeper of the Coin and Reagents of the Tyrangel Alchemy Guild
Protector of Tyrra
"You're either on my side, by my side, or in my way. Choose wisely"

Offline WanderDen

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:30:21 PM »
Fantastic! First Map goes to Sahan.

A map of Tyrangel and Sutherland would be no problem. There would only have to be a few modifications to make the image straight black-and-white. Do you have a particular image or copy of that map that you like best? You can contact me privately with the file.

Thanks for your interest.

Offline Sierra

• Master Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 05:50:09 PM »
I also would be very interested in this.

Offline WanderDen

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
Great! #2 goes to Sierra. Who will be lucky #3?

Feel free to message me directly with your image and/or text. Please keep in mind that I can do very fine details (very think lines) but gradations are difficult. So printing a map or with tiny lines or an illustration is generally fine, but printing an actual photo with all those different shadings can get complicated.

Apart from that, let your imagination soar! I love seeing what people come up with.

Offline Valandil

• Adventurer
  • Quentari Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:33:25 PM »
I'm very curious and also interested.

Offline WanderDen

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »
shall I put aside the last sample for you to test and review, Valandil?

Offline Valandil

• Adventurer
  • Quentari Nation
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Please :)