NERO Atlanta

September 24, 2017, 08:36:52 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

NERO Atlanta » Forum » Out of Game Whatnot » Anything Goes -- Within Reason (Moderator: Knight of Evendarr) » Interested in joining the community!

Author Topic: Interested in joining the community!  (Read 614 times)

Offline Zetarael Targaryen

• Apprentice
  • Valar Morghulis
Interested in joining the community!
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:12:03 AM »
Hey guys,
I'm a 27 year old guy that is 100% new to actual Larping but I'm well experienced in D&D and other fantasy concepts. I've always wanted to try Larping so i figured it was time I stopped contemplating it and actually jump in. I actually created this account a while back but due to life events, I was never able to make it out to an event. It there is a group or clan that would be willing to take me in while I learn the ins and outs that would be awesome. My fiance is also interested in learning as well as my 8 year old daughter. We don't want to be hassles to anyone but any person/clan willing to take on the task would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone and hope you have a good day. 
All Men Must Die

Offline Rhys Stormwing

• Elder Adventurer
Re: Interested in joining the community!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:44:50 PM »
everybody is always willing to help. the 1st step would be deciding what kind of character you would like to play.
" Is it better to outmonster the monster or be quietly devoured by it?" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Zetarael Targaryen

• Apprentice
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 08:14:22 AM »
I have a general idea of the type of character i'd like to play....i just need help going further than that lol.
All Men Must Die

Offline Xenael

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 12:15:29 PM »
Have you chosen a race? There are many to choose from, and many more to be played.

Have you taken a look at the current rules system or any of the playtests?

Offline ZakhranAlQadim

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 01:40:02 PM »
I would recommend coming out for a weekend to NPC/Monster.  It lets you try out the rules, to see which "style" you prefer (packet thrower vs. melee), and to just try the game out a bit.  It doesnt hurt that volunteer time NPCing will help you get a little bit of a leg up on your PC as well by earning Goblin Points.

Ask questions!  Most of us will happily work to help you out.
Zakhran Al'Qadim Everhate Sosumi Bokenjen
Annalist of Stormguard
-------------------------------------------------------------
The Original Drae of NEROATL